- Four weekly flights will be on the 737 MAX 8
- Only network carrier offering non-stop transatlantic service from Bordeaux
MONTREAL, Oct. 3, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today the introduction of new seasonal Montreal and Bordeaux service between June 15 and September 15, 2019. Flights will operate four days a week with Boeing 737 MAX 8 and are timed to optimize connectivity to Air Canada's extensive North American network, including major cities along the US east coast including New York, Boston, Philadelphia, also allowing easy connections from Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas.
Special introductory fares start as low as $798 round-trip, all in, and tickets are now available for purchase at aircanada.com or through travel agents.
"As the only network carrier to offer non-stop transatlantic service to Bordeaux, the addition of a fifth destination in France further enhances Air Canada's competitive position in the French market. Our four weekly flights are the most offered than any other airline between Montreal and Bordeaux providing travellers unique access to the famed wine growing region and the popular Nouvelle-Aquitaine market. In addition to playing a special role in connecting Canada with many French-speaking communities around the world, our Montreal hub is increasingly popular among U.S. travelers who appreciate seamless connections to international destinations on Air Canada," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada.
Air Canada has configured its Boeing 737 MAX with two cabins of service: Premium Economy and Economy. Features of the new aircraft include:
- An upgraded in-flight entertainment system with a sleek, new 15 language user interface. Coming soon, passengers will be able to stream video and audio to their own devices;
- High speed Wi-Fi will be available on these flights so customers can use their devices in-flight just as they would on the ground making travelling more relaxing as well as productive;
- Premium comfort and ambiance with improved seats and innovative LED mood lighting along the ceiling;
- Upgraded overhead storage space compartments offer additional space for every single passenger to bring a carry-on bag;
- The latest quiet engine technology with up to 40 per cent noise reduction, offering more peace and quiet for customers when flying;
- The Boeing 737 MAX burns 20 per cent less fuel per seat than the previous Next-Generation 737.
Days of operation
9:25 a.m. (+1 day)
Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat
Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun
"The arrival of Air Canada on the Montréal-Bordeaux route enhances air service options to this popular French destination for Montrealers. Once again, I would like to thank Air Canada for its confidence and contributions to the development of our air service," said Philippe Rainville, President and CEO of Aéroports de Montréal.
About Air Canada in France
The introduction of the Montreal to Bordeaux service adds to an already extensive schedule of 37 weekly flights between Canada and France. During the summer season from Montreal, Air Canada flies twice daily in Paris, as well as five times a week into Lyon on our mainline aircraft, as well as four flights a week to Nice and three per week to Marseille on Air Canada Rouge. Air Canada also flies from Toronto to Paris once a day and from Vancouver to Paris four times a week.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2017 served more than 48 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 64 airports in Canada, 59 in the United States and 98 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,317 airports in 193 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2018 Best Airline in North America. For more information, please visit: aircanada.com/media, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.
SOURCE Air Canada