MONTREAL, Dec. 9, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada was named Best North American Airline for International Travel for the 12th consecutive year at the 2019 Best in Business Travel Awards by readers of leading frequent business traveller magazine Business Traveler USA.
"We are delighted to be consistently recognized as a North American leader in international travel by those who frequently fly a variety of airlines. We have strategically linked more than 50 US cities to our powerful global network through our Canadian hubs with easy and seamless connections. Our extensive schedule together with our state-of-the-art aircraft, customer-focused products and award-winning service all validate the ongoing initiatives we are undertaking in our journey towards becoming a global champion. I want to thank our 33,000 dedicated employees worldwide for their incredible work transporting our customers safely and comfortably in a very competitive global market," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada.
Business Traveler USA invites its readers annually to select the top travel providers across the globe, noting that business travellers are always the first to identify the best products and services essential to success and return on the traveller's investment.
More information about Air Canada's array of services for business travel ranging from small to medium to large corporations is at: www.aircanada.com/businesstravel
Business Traveler USA's Best North American Airline for International Travel is the latest award won by Air Canada this year, following:
- Global Traveler - 2019 Airline of the Year
- The Trazees – Favorite Airline in North America in 2019;
- 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards including: Best Airline in North America for the third consecutive year, World's Best Business Class Lounge Dining, Best Airline Staff in Canada, Best Business Class in North America and Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America;
- Global Traveler Leisure Lifestyle Awards - Best Premium-Economy Class and Best for Onboard Entertainment;
- The Freddie Awards' 210 Award for the airline in the Americas whose loyalty program value vote rating was trending higher, recognizing the growing appeal of Aeroplan;
- PAX International Readership Awards - Outstanding Food Service by a Carrier in North America and Best Business Class Amenity Kit in the Americas;
- TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards – Best Business Class in North America;
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers (2020) for the seventh consecutive year;
- Diversity in Leadership at the 2019 Airline Strategy Awards.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving nearly 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 62 airports in Canada, 53 in the United States and 101 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,250 airports in 195 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2019 Best Airline in North America. For more information, please visit: aircanada.com/media, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook
SOURCE Air Canada